Whether you are planning a night out with that special someone or enjoying the company of friends, there are many great things to do for Valentine’s Day in Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee. Are you thinking of a traditional dinner and a movie? Looking for something more adventurous? Feeling creative? Or looking to relax? Our list of things to do for Valentine’s Day in Bristol, Abingdon, Southwest Virginia & Northeast Tennessee has you covered!
- Dinner Date at One of the Restaurants in Downtown Abingdon, VA: Downtown Abingdon offers a variety of eateries to entertain your taste buds. Some of our favorites include The Tavern, 128 Pecan, Rain and The Peppermill. Many of the local restaurants feature specials for Valentine’s Day and the following weekend.
- Dinner Date at One of the Restaurants in Downtown Bristol, VA/TN: The growing downtown community in Bristol offers several restaurants that are sure to impress. A few of our top picks include Brooklyn Grill, J Frank, 620 State, Machiavelli’s and Bank Street Bristol.
- Catch a Movie: Enjoy a fantastic movie-going experience at the Marquee Cinemas at the Pinnacle in Bristol, TN or Tinsletown in Bristol, VA or the Abingdon Cinemall. Click for Showtimes at the Pinnacle. Click for Showtimes at Tinseltown. Click for Showtimes at Abingdon.
- Relax at The Martha: Book a couple’s massage for you and your special someone at the Martha Washington Inn & Spa to experience a private retreat that will help you feel rejuvenated.
- Take a Hike: If you enjoy the outdoors, get out and bike the VA Creeper Trail together or enjoy nature at Steele Creek Park or Sugar Hollow Park in Bristol. Feeling adventurous? Hike to the top of one of the many mountains in Southwest Virginia to enjoy a spectacular view.
- Pick up Sweets for your Sweetie: Pop by the Blackbird Bakery in Bristol, 149 Sweets or Anthony’s Desserts in Abingdon or one of the other local bakeries to pick up delicious cupcakes, cookies or cakes for you and your sweetheart.
- Annual Spread the Love Event at the William King Museum of Art: Enjoy this “Sip & Paint” event with champagne and chocolates. Create your own painting to take home as a memento or gift for your sweetheart! The event this year will be held on February 10th. Click for more details on the 2018 event.
- Valentine’s Dinner at Heartwood: Join Heartwood in Abingdon, The Wolf Hills Jazz Quartet and Stanburn Winery for a special night on February 14th. There will be a wine and chocolate tasting while enjoying live music from the local group. Click for more details on the 2018 event.
Are you planning a special trip to visit Abingdon or Bristol this Valentine’s Day? Check out this list of local lodging for a cozy stay in Southwest Virginia.
- The Martha Washington Inn: Enjoy a luxury stay at The Martha, where each room and suite features unique character and personality. Click for more info about staying at The Martha.
- Blacks Fort Inn: A nice bed & breakfast situated in a country setting but still is within minutes of Downtown Abingdon. Click for more info about staying at Blacks Fort Inn.
- A Tailors Lodging: Beautiful 1840’s home sitting in Abingdon’s Historic District. Click to learn more about booking your stay at A Tailors Lodging.
- Black Dog Inn: A recently restored 1834 federal style home in the heart of Abingdon’s Historic District. Click to learn more about booking your stay at Black Dog Inn.
- Cottages on the Creeper: Cottages situated near the VA Creeper Trail & historic downtown. Click for more info about staying at the Cottages.
- Crooked Cabin Properties: Offers several restored properties for a unique lodging experience in Abingdon, VA. Click for more info about staying with Crooked Cabin Properties.