Increasing your home’s curb appeal can help your home sell faster. Don’t let potential buyers drive by your home without a second glance because they are not impressed by the looks of the outside. Give them a teaser for what’s to see on the inside by creating alluring curb appeal. With warmer weather approaching, it is a great time to highlight your home’s outdoor features and entertaining spaces.
Make a good first impression that will help attract more buyers who will want to see your property with these quick tips:
- Trim any bushes or branches that block windows or architectural details of the house. Potential buyers will not notice the home if it’s hidden by overgrown bushes or vines.
- Mow the lawn. Do you admire your lawn after a recent cutting? So will potential buyers! Seeing a well-cared for lawn gives buyers more confidence that other maintenance tasks have been completed with the same care.
- Edge the grass around walkways and trees. This will provide your lawn with a finished and cleaner look.
- Clean the inside and outside of windows. You want the entire house to shine from the street.
- Keep garden tools and kids’ toys from the lawn or try your best to keep them organized to help the lawn stay de-cluttered.
- Touch up the driveway. Repair any cracks and clean stains. If needed resurface the driveway.
- Place a flower pot filled with bright flowers on the front porch or walkway. The pop of bright color will help grab passerby’s attention.
- Add a new doormat and seasonal wreath to the front door. These added elements will provide a completed and welcoming look to the home.
Contact one of our agents today to help you prepare your home for the Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee real estate market.
Click here to begin your search for a home with great curb appeal.