Increasing your home’s curb appeal can help your home sell faster. Don’t let potential buyers drive by your home without a second glance because they are not impressed by the looks of the outside. Give them a teaser for what’s to see on the inside by creating alluring curb appeal. With warmer weather approaching, it is a great time to highlight your home’s outdoor features and entertaining spaces.
Make a good first impression that will help attract more buyers who will want to see your property with these quick tips:
- Trim any bushes or branches that block windows or architectural details of the house. Potential buyers will not notice the home if it’s hidden by overgrown bushes or vines.
- Mow the lawn. Do you admire your lawn after a recent cutting? So will potential buyers! Seeing a well-cared for lawn gives buyers more confidence that other maintenance tasks have been completed with the same care.
- Edge the grass around walkways and trees. This will provide your lawn with a finished and cleaner look.
- Clean the inside and outside of windows. You want the entire house to shine from the street.
- Keep garden tools and kids’ toys from the lawn or try your best to keep them organized to help the lawn stay de-cluttered.
- Touch up the driveway. Repair any cracks and clean stains. If needed resurface the driveway.
- Place a flower pot filled with bright flowers on the front porch or walkway. The pop of bright color will help grab passerby’s attention.
- Add a new doormat and seasonal wreath to the front door. These added elements will provide a completed and welcoming look to the home.
Contact one of our agents today to help you prepare your home for the Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee real estate market.