This time of year often has us reflecting on what we are thankful for as we gather with friends and family for the holidays. If you are looking for a creative way to show your gratitude this year, this Thanksgiving DIY is the perfect project.
- Small branches
- Sand or pebbles
- Thin wire
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Hole punch
- Markers or pens
- Gather small branches from a fall hike/cleanup of your backyard, or you may choose to purchase thin branches from your local craft store.
- Tip: If gathering your own branches, add extra pizazz by spray painting or adding glitter to them.
- Place all the branches into a vase and keep them in place by adding sand or pebbles to the bottom of the vase.
- Draw leaf shapes onto your fabric and cardstock and carefully cut them out. Then use the hole punch to add a hole to each of the cardstock leaf points.
- Using a hot glue gun, attach your fabric leaves randomly to the branches.
- Using your scissors or cutters, cut the wire into 2″-3″ length pieces.
- Wrap the wire around the branches leaving excess unwrapped to hang your cardstock leaves.
- Use the cardstock leaves to write what you are grateful for and hang on the wire.
This gratitude tree would be a fun addition to your Thanksgiving tradition. Make your gratitude tree a centerpiece for your table, and let family and friends write what they are thankful for and add to the tree. Tag us on social media with your gratitude tree creations and use #DIYingwithHRI.