What’s the difference between real estate agents and REALTORs®? A REALTOR® is a licensee who is also a member of the National Association of REALTORs®, which means they have met stricter education requirements and are bound a higher standard of the REALTOR® Code of Ethics. Your REALTOR® will be committed to protecting your interests throughout the transaction with integrity, honor, professionalism and expertise.
Whether you are buying or selling a home in Southwest Virginia or Northeast Tennessee, the 8 Benefits of working with a REALTOR® are…
- Ethical treatment: As a REALTOR®’s client, you can expect honest and ethical treatment in all transaction-related matters. The first obligation is to YOU, the client.
- An expert guide: Buying or Selling a home usually requires dozens of forms, reports, disclosures, and other documents. A knowledgeable expert will help you prepare the best deal, and avoid delays or costly mistakes. Also, there’s a lot of jargon involved, so you want to work with a professional who can speak the language.
- Objective information and opinions: REALTORS® can provide local information or refer you to the right people that can give you the most up-to-date information on utilities, zoning, schools, and more. They also have objective information about each property. REALTORs® can use that data to help you determine if the property will fit your needs.
- Expanded search power: Sometimes properties are available but not actively advertised. A REALTOR® can help you find opportunities that may not be listed on home search sites and can help you avoid out-of-date listings that might be showing up as available online but are no longer on the market.
- Property marketing power: Property doesn’t sell due to advertising alone. Some real estate sales come as the result of an agent’s contacts with previous clients, friends, and family. REALTORs® usually have a large network of connections that they will share potential properties of interest.
- Negotiation knowledge: There are many factors up for discussion in a deal. A REALTOR® will look at every angle from their client’s perspective, including crafting a purchase agreement that allows you the flexibility needed to take the next step.
- Up-to-date experience: Most people only buy or sell a few homes in their lifetime (usually with quite a few years in between each purchase or sale). Even if you’ve done it before, laws and regulations change. REALTORS® have the knowledge of all current laws and regulations, which will help you with a purchase or sale of a property.
- Your rock during emotional moments: For most people, a home represents the biggest purchase they’ll ever make. Having a concerned, but objective, third party helps them stay focused on the issues most important.
Want more info about working with a REALTOR®? Are you ready to sell your home or ready to begin your home search?